Friday, January 30, 2009

Back to Reality...

Well, whenever the Rhodes Family comes back from vacation, we have a hard time getting adjusted back into reality. The daily homework, errands, school, teaching, cooking, cleaning, activities etc. are hard to adjust to after a week of fun filled adventure. We are managing though....
You would think we were having a heat wave - It is 35 degrees! All of the ice on the river has melted, and it is much easier spending time outside (with this I mean walking to the bus stop and running a few errands - not enjoying the great outdoors by anymeans). It is funny how quickly your lifestyle can change. I have never in my life worn a scarf (even in Maine) and here it is an essential piece of wardrobe.
Basketball Season is almost over and with that said, Mia decided to take an early retirement. The pay wasn't good enough and the hours were just too much - she had to renegotiate her contract and decided to hold out for more options :-) Reminder to self - 3 years old is too young to play a sport!!!! It is a good reminder not to sign her up for soccer in the Fall. While she was all gung ho in the beginning, the season end fizzled!
This weekend we look forward to getting rid of the 52 cases of Girl Scout cookies that have consumed our downstairs hallway and also trying to get some of my school work done. With my last 2 classes remaining I am near the finish line!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I published a comment or should I say a letter this morning. I do not know why it did not go through. I won't send the same thing in the event that it is just slow getting there.
I am glad you all are back in harness. I missed your blogs and was beginning to worry about you all. Tell Mia I think she made the right decision. She has plenty of time to get serious with sports. ha. Stay warm and happy. Love to you all. gp