Wednesday, January 21, 2009
Television....
Had to mention a couple of quick things... First - Go George!!! As we are sitting here in Paris, we saw the head line news that George Mitchell has been asked to be the advisor for Middle Eastern Affairs!!! Yeah!! He worked so hard in peacekeeping in Northern Ireland and is just what this country needs. I worked for good old George while I was in college and if anyone can straighten things out - he can! I am VERY Happy - let's hope he accepts! Second, as we are flipping through the channels, we turned to MTV France and the # 1 song was a song that you HAVE to google. If you google "We're all living in amerika amerika is wundebar" you will find it" - This is a little scary that this is the #1 song in France. WOW!!!! O.K. So you are probably wondering why we are watching so much T.V. on vacation.... We are in T.V. withdrawal - we have had no T.V. since July (purposefully, believe it or not) It is a fun treat though to flip through all of the channels. This all may be OLD news, but to me it is fascinating!!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
WOW!!! The Palace is quite elaborate - it amazes me at how everything is SOOOOO clean. It's a shame that Americans don't value things like the French/Germans do.
It's funny how you don't realize how much you miss something until you have it back - the TV must be a BIG hit with the kids, too. I'm gonna google the song and listen right now.
I can't remember when you said you'd be back in Germany, but call us if you're home this weekend.
WE MISS YOU,
Christi
Post a Comment