Monday, February 2, 2009

Geo Caching
















A couple of years ago, Bryan came home and introduced our family to GeoCaching. It is really cool and if you don't know anything about it - it is a little surprising. In a nutshell it is a whole "underground" activity that people do all over the world. We call it a "treasure hunt."People hide "treasures" in secret (but usually pretty cool) locations. You can go to geocaching.com to get the general areas and clues and GPS coordinance to find out where the treasure is hidden. We used to do it a bunch in Georgia and Maine and now we are enjoying it in Germany. This weekend we went to one of our favorite castles and Bryan was able to find a Geocashe there. Usually when you go, you bring something to leave and then take something you want (that is the "treasure") The kids love it because of the treasure, and we love it because it gets us out and about and usually brings us to very neat places. The one we went to on Sunday was hidden inside a tree located on the grounds of a castle. It is especially cool because we have been to this castle several times and walked by the tree, but had no idea that the "treasure" was there. It s a very fun activity for the entire family and highly recomended!!!!!
P.S. Notice Camden's new "Mohawk" hat - he has asked to get a Mohawk and obviously that is not going to happen - so this is the next best thing (My friend said that all of the kids that she knows that have mohawks are "naughty" and I definitely don't want that :-)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Camden, I'm diggin' the hat (mohawk)!! I think Harrison needs one of those.
Thank you all for calling me this morning and singing to me - it was the highlight of my day:) :)
I'm glad you are enjoying "treasure hunting" - are German "treasures" more exciting than American ones??? What do they leave for gifts over there?? I bet you'll get some really cool things -
Love and Miss you all -
Christi

Anonymous said...

I just had a second thought - maybe I should send you a bunch of jars of peanutbutter and you could leave them when you geochase - you'd be famous over in Germany for leaving such a rare, expensive "treasure". People from far and wide would soon go searchng for the Rhodes Family Treasures!!!!!

Anonymous said...

I am glad to see and read that the Roades on the road again. You all have so much energy!!!! Tell Camden that he looks so coooool, but I agree that he probably needs to wait a year or so on the real cut.

Thanks for sharing. I am hooked on European history now that you are there and sharing a wealth of information. I look places up on the internet and enjoy it so much knowing I have friends who have been there recently.

Take care, stay safe and happy. Love to you all, gp