The kids and I ventured off to visit the Giechburg Castle on Friday. There are castles everywhere here and I thought that we better start exploring more of them! So even with frigid temperatures, we treked up to the castle and enjoyed exploring all around. It is located just outside of Bamberg and is almost 1000 years old. It astonishes me the history of this country and continent. Growing up in the Northeast, I was exposed to the History of Boston and other surrounding areas, but in regard to age - that is nothing compared to this. Truly Amazing! It was fun too because instead of taking the Autobahn home, we decided to drive though the little villages. Lucky for us, we discovered an iceskating pond! Even though we had no skates, the kids LOVED sliding around the ice. Mia especially loved it, sharing her little "deep belly laugh."
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Happy New Year! If it makes you feel any better, we made it until 11:00ish and fell asleep...we were so close! Pryce was very disappointed to wake up at 12:02am and realize that the ball had dropped without him. Oh well. I love reading the blog and keeping up with your family! We miss you all but it is great to see the fun that you are having in Germany.
Beth
Good Morning,
What fun! I know I would not be able to explore anything with ice and snow on the ground, but I certainly enjoy seeing old buildings and would love to know what took place thousands of years ago in them. ha.... Your children are getting a wealth of knowledge and experiences that will be a lasting memory for them.
Keep up the visits. Three years pass quickly. We return to work tomorrow. I am not quite ready, but will be fine once I get in the car and head out. Give everyone a hug for me. Love, gp
I needed a "belly laugh" - I miss those...I love that you are all able to enjoy the snow, and I think I could even skate w/out skates on!!!
Post a Comment