Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Disney
















Today we made a break from the weather and decided to go to Disney. While it was far from ideal weather, the decision was phenominal because there was no one there! I have been to Disney on quiet days, but this was incredible. We didn't wait in line for longer than 5 minutes for any one ride. Towards the afternoon it rained for about 20 minutes, but other than that it was nice -cold, but nice. Needless to say, we had a great day. Disney, Paris is just like Disney in Orlando or Disney , California - it is funny because we thought that it might be different in some way, but for the most part it was the same. The hardest part for me is trying to say Merci instead of Danke (Thank you in French instead of Thank you in German). To give you an idea of how well the lines were, we decided to leave at 5:30 because we had done everything. Usually, I would have made sure every single minute was spent wisely (with the price of Disney tickets these days), but we had literally done everything, and it was getting dark AND COLD, so we went home. We got home and settled and then watched the inauguration on T.V. (O.k. for all of those wondering if the world really cares what we do - THEY DO!!!! It was on EVERY SINGLE CHANNEL in Paris - NO KIDDING - Quite amazing and VERY interesting. As extremely corny as this sounds - we discovered today that "it's a small world afterall".
*The picture of the statue of liberty and "Hollywood" we thought was interesting because I guess that is the interpretation of the U.S. is here in Europe

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Guys -
What a fabulous time you're having!!!! Disney looked like a blast. I've NEVER not had to stand in line - lucky ducks...

The pictures are awesome - I especially love the one of the rainbow - that's GranBuddy watching over you, ya' know!

It snowed here ALL DAY!!! It was too warm for it to stick, but it was just BEAUTIFUL. I don't think we've ever had a day here that was like today. I went grocery shopping in the flurries and it was so neat to be able to drive around in it. I know it sounds weird for you all - living in the snow so often now - but there was someting almost magical about it.

Keep the pics comming and keep letting the good times roll!
ChristiBob