We had done quite a bit of research for each of the ports, so we knew how to take the train to get to alot of the sites. When we arrived in the port, we headed to Vatican City. Vatican City is the smallest Country in the world. The Capital is Vatican City (I actually learned this during the geography Bee, while I was teaching World History :-)) It was beautiful in front of St. Peter's Basilica with the Nativity scene still up from Christmas. For time Sake we did not make it to the Sistine Chapel, but the kids were excited to get their pictures taken with the famous Swiss Police that Guard the Vatican. It was a little drizzly, so they (the guards) had their coats on, but the outfits they wear are quite entertaining.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
I am always smittened with coverage of Vatican City. When the pope died I was glued to the tv. I was reared Baptist; however, I think I could embrace the richuals of the Cathloic faith but not the doctrine. If that makes sense. The pictures are so professional. gp
absolutely BEAUTIFUL - and i LOVE the nativity - you know me, they are my favorite at Christmas time !!!
Post a Comment