Saturday, January 16, 2010

The Ship!











We LOVE cruising! As a Mom, it is the best way to travel! Even if you go somewhere for vacation, you still have to worry about meals (where to go, how to satisfy everyone without spending a fortune - especially as a family of 5). On the ship there is unlimited food and entertainment at your disposal and no cooking or cleaning while also getting to go to incredible destinations. I feel that it is the best way to travel when you have young kids! The only bad part is that we had to get 2 rooms because we are a family of 5.

After our Barcelona experience, we knew it could only get better... We dodged the rotavirus on the ship - over 300 people were reportedly quarantined to 48 hours in their cabin! Hand Sanitizer was available everywhere you turned and we took full advantage. I can't imagine how dissapointed people must have been after paying money and then looking forward to such great ports of call, and then to be told they had to remain in your cabin for 48 hours!

There are more adventures with the ship that I will add in another post, but wanted to mention one really cool thing - One morning we woke up passing a small Island that was an active Volcano (with residents living at the bottom of the volcano). We heard that it was one of 3 volcanoes belonging to Italy - NEAT!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I just spoke with a friend that is very interested in the name of the cruise line. She travels to Europe almost every year and wants to know more. Please e-mail me the information. Glad you all stayed healthy. I especially liked the pool. gp