Monday, January 25, 2010
English Class
When I pick Mia up from school, she rarely divulges too much detail about her day. I can get tidbits here and there, but I think she likes leaving school at school (especially because it is a different world than at home language wise). I picked her up today, and she was telling me that she sat next to her friend in English Class (they have circle time where they learn basic English words - obviously not too challenging for Mia). Anyway, I asked her what words she learned today in English, and she blurted out words such as "woman", "horse", "dog" etc. The funny thing was she pronounced each word in a really funny way (not like she would usually enunciate those particular words). After I pondered how odd the pronunciation was for a few minutes, it hit me, that Mia is learning English with an "English accent" - Too Cute! Not only will she be my Chinese, German, American girl, but now she will occassioanlly throw in an English Accent :-) too!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Don't try to change anything. It will be interesting to see the end results. Mia has another year to become a very unique speaker. ha..... Love you all, gp
Post a Comment