Wednesday, November 30, 2011
Taking advantage of every opportunity!
When we first moved over here, every single opportunity that came our way, we wanted to take full advantage of. What might be an afternoon out with aquaintances, or a party with one of the kids sports teams, or a parents meeting at Mia's kindergarten - We didn't want to miss anything that may be a once in a lifetime experience (the things mentioned above seem very little, but often those are the things that turn out to be so unique and one of a kind here). The things mentioned above also would make me cringe back home (basically they are the every day routine type things that you close your eyes and go through blindly - wishing instead you could enjoy an evening in). After 3 1/2 years, we still try to keep the mentality of taking advantage of all opportunities, but sometimes it gets tricky. Last night Camden's class parents' had a get together/dinner (not through the school, but instead organized by one of the parents), but Bailey had Cheerleading, and Camden had soccer. We have only one car, so as it was, we had to bike to one of the practices, and certainly couldn't get out to the parent dinner. I sit here with regret this morning, because I wasn't able to go. We have not met the other parents in his class (except a few when we helped paint his classroom - yes, the city provides money for the paint, but to save money, the parents must do the work :-)). It may have been boring and I may not have even been able to understand everything, but I guess I will never know what I missed. I think when you know your time is limited, you don't want to miss a thing!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment