Monday, November 21, 2011

The Ticket

Germany is famous for its Autobahn's with no speed limits. I have mentioned before that many sections of the Autobahn's have speed limits, and when they do, they are monitored frequently (meaning - you don't want to speed in those sections). What happens here (not only on the Autobahn, but also on the city streets) is that they set up cameras to take photos of the drivers speeding. You will then (maybe a month or two later), receive a nice portrait of yourself in the mail, attatched to a nice fine. These cameras are portable, so you never know what intersection, street, or autobahn they may have one set up at .....like I said, when they have speed limits, you want to take them seriously. You might ask, how we know this...well up until last week, the rumor of this practice was only through word of mouth, but unfortunately now we have concrete evidence. We have a beautiful black and white portrait of one of us (I will give you a hint...it wasn't me :-))!

No comments: