Sunday, November 20, 2011

The Turkey



I have mentioned before that they often have 5k races on the base. We hadn't done one in a while, and thought it would be good (and fun) for the kids to participate with us. Mia rode her bike, with her little stuffed animals peaking out of her basket, and the rest of us ran. I love that it is something we can all do together now, and they all enjoy it. We were especially impressed with Camden - he came in first place in the kids division, with a time of 25 minutes. It was especially ironic, because my child who does not like any food - especially any type of meat - won his family a Thanksgiving Turkey. I was grateful and I think, even though he doesn't like Turkey, he was happy to "provide" for us :-). Soccer training has certainly helped out! Definitely a fun morning! P.S. The sponsor of the race was BMW, so he did win a cool hat also - not just a turkey :-)

No comments: