Thursday, August 5, 2010

Window Boxes
















When we first moved here, I was really surprised at how much farm land was in Germany. Farmers must have cultivated these fields for thousands of years. There are fresh bio markets, farms, and products everywhere (bio is their word for organic). The soil is rich!!! With that said, one of the prettiest things that you see in the summer is all of the flowers. I would estimate that 40% of the houses in Bavaria have window boxes overflowing with flowers. They are GORGEOUS! The other neat thing is that they last from May until October (for some reason, it is just a hardy place to grow). We have even been shockingly successful with our window boxes filled with red Geraniums, and I have not one green thumb in my body! I think the window boxes are part of what makes the summer so nice in Bavaria!

No comments: