One of Mia's teachers got married this weekend. She is a WONDERFUL teacher, and as sweet as she is - did not even broadcast the fact that she was getting married over "German Ferien" (basically the equivilent to summer vacation). The other teachers decided to surprise her by having all of the children wait outside the church with helium balloons that held the children's wishes for her future. I was a little nervous, not knowing if she would think this was a great thing or not (to see her school children as she exited the church on her wedding day). As gracious as she is - it was a beautiful occasion. The highlight for Mia was of course seeing her teacher in a beautiful "princess gown". Mia tried to convince me that she needed to wear high heels to the wedding, but with cobblestone streets - I quickly diverted her attention :-). Another fun German experience!!!
P.S. I often don't post the very best pictures due to the fact that I worry that everyone may not want their pictures broadcast on the world wide web. I know German's too, are very different in culture than Americans, and are much more private. We probably should be more private, but I hate to think of forgetting all of these memories! I did not want to post photos of her special day, but had to include a couple from Mia's perspective!

1 comment:
How special is this one? Very special in my opinion..... Love those Germans and their way of life..... Have a great weekend.... Will pick Skyler up this afternoon for a catch-up visit. Can't turn the little guy down because I know it won't be too many more years that he will not want to spend the night with me. ha.... That is the way it is, and I do understand. Grandkids do love grandparents but at the same time outgrow them..... So spend as much time as you can while they are young. ha. ha... Love to all, gp
Post a Comment