Wednesday, August 25, 2010

STUFF!!!

When we first moved over here, we had no idea what size house we would be moving into. As a result, when the movers packed us up, we left about 2 rooms full of "stuff" in storage back in Augusta. We have lived perfectly happy without this "stuff" for 2 years, and haven't missed any of it one bit(which makes me truly wonder why we had 2 full rooms left in storage in the first palce:-))
When we found out that we are going to be here for 3 more years, I decided that we should probably have the items shipped over - especially because some of "the stuff" are items that the kids will totally outgrow by the time we get back. It has been fun imagining our crates on some big ship crossing the Atlantic Ocean, going through the Straight of Gibraltar (which we have visited), and then being shipped to our door.
Well, today was the big day. Bryan was sneaky and made sure that he was back in the states for work, when the crates arrived :-) 4 huge crates full of "stuff" pulled up in a big truck this morning at 7:00AM. The kids were so excited - as if Christmas had arrived early. Going down memory lane was thrilling - opening boxes to see what they would find. We have worked dilligently all morning (Bailey has truly been a HUGE help!). As I am writing this, huge boxes are sitting all over the house, "stuff" is every where, and where do you think my kids are? - Watching a movie! With all of the anticipation of the arrival of their "precious items" left in Georgia, just awaiting them to play with - and they are watching TV! I guess it goes to show you (and I already knew this) that in the scheme of life, "Stuff" is sooo unimportant, and can often just add headache to your life! With that said, will I continue to stop shopping at my favorite antiques stores, and home accessory shops - OF course not!!!! I just need to "thin" out before I continue on :-)

No comments: