So this post has absolutely nothing to do with anything, but I thought I'd comment/vent a little anyway...
A few years ago our Microwave broke. At first I thought - "no big deal" - I can take my time in getting it fixed because I hardly use the microwave. When I went to warm up my coffee 5 minutes later, I was quickly reminded how wrong I was. I CONSTANTLY used the microwave, and truly was shocked to see how many times in those few days that I wished the microwave had worked. In the last several weeks, both our Magic Jack (which is the device that we use to call internationally) and our Dryer broke. The first few times of air drying laundry was not too bad, but after a while it got REALLY OLD! With regard to the phone, we could still use Skype, but could only contact people if they were on line. It is TRULY unbelievable how dependent we are on electronics. I spoke with 2 friends this week on Skype while they were talking from their IPOD/IPHONES. It is no secret that Bryan is the electronic person in our family (I just learned to text a few months ago, and that is on a pay as you go cell phone - which tells you how old school I am). Even Bryan cannot keep up though. 3-D televisions, IPADS etc. It is amazing how far we have come. I remember being so excited when graduating from College, and my parents bought me my first cell phone (I thought I was so cool with the humongous flip phone :-)) My Grandmother never wanted to learn to use the computer, because she figured that she had been without it for the majority of her life, and why start then. My other Grandparents' had to communicate through snail mail during WWII, people today have instant communication. I guess what I am saying is that Technology is AMAZING - when it works! And when it doesn't.... not so much!!!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I like your blog.... It is a fact that we are a society that is technology/electronically driven..... We go somewhat crazy when we find ourselves without the devices that we are so dependent on. Somehow we manage for awhile anyway. Get that micro-wave fixed. I use mine all the time but could manage without it, but it certainly is a "time saver"..... Hope all is well with the water situation.... Someone measured six inches of ice on their property here this week. It was an interesting week. Take care and love to all. gp
Post a Comment