Tuesday, January 25, 2011
Dessert
My kids have come to the conclusion that for every single meal (with the exception of breakfast of course) they should get dessert! It has become quite an issue, and we are working on it...Anyway, on another note, we have observed something quite funny living here... Germans do not eat sweet foods (except for Gummies). The cakes here look absolutely gorgeous, but it has taken us a while to become accustomed to the taste. To give you an idea, it is like baking a birthday cake using 3/4 less sugar (and to top it off, there are very few cakes with frosting). A few years ago, I made Camden a birthday cookie cake, and our German friends thought it was way too sweet. I made Brownies for Camden's soccer team concession, and nobody bought any (you get the point - even though it may have been my cooking :-), I think in general not many German's like sweet foods) Linking the first part of this to the second... Mia came home today from school, and I asked her what she ate for lunch. The school has a restaurant make the lunch, so I know it is quite good. Anyway, she announced in a grumpy way that she only had Pineapple for dessert. She then continued to say "we only eat apples, and yogurt, and kiwi for dessert." I gave her a big hug, and slipped her a Hershey's kiss, and then realized, it might be time for me to learn a lesson from her Kindergarten!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I'll be sure to have a big ol chocolate iced cake for you all when you arrive in May,among other things, of course ~like okra for Bryan !!!!
Chloe would LOVE to have dessert in Mia's class ~ thats her type of food, for sure ~ although Nana (Sandra) gives her chocolate (shhhhhhhhhhh...)
LOVE AND MISS YOU ALL BUNCHES !
CBob
Post a Comment