
We are in the Fasching Season here in Germany, which is the time before Lent. Another name for it is Karneval and the German's do it up big. Like Mardi Gras in New Orleans, or Karneval in Rio Dijenaro or Venice - it is a time of celebration. Mia's school is celebrating with a big costume party and buffet of food. It is cute because this month the kids in the kindergarten have had their face painted (if they want to) every day. Mia came home yesterday with a masterpiece on her face created by another child :-) O.K. so really it looked horrible, but she was proud and it came off easily so all was good. Too Cute! For the Fasching Party, Mia will be wearing a Princess costume. Camden was so funny - he was all excited for her because he thought she was having a "fashion" party - complete with a fashion show :-) Bamberg will have festivities downtown over the next few weekends. It is funny to go into the stores and see what we would consider "Halloween Costumes" during this time of year. Another lesson for us in how different cultures can be! We are enjoying it thoroughly!

3 comments:
What fun!!!! Something to spruce up the winter. I know you will take pictures. Tell Mia that I am positively positive she will be the prettiest one at school. Enjoy!!!! Love, gp No fun for us until April.
Sounds like a big party to me!! I'm sure you'll all have lots of fun. Are Camden and Bailey dressing up too? Mia is going to be a "Pretty, Pretty Princess" just like she used to be a "pretty,pretty flower" - we were just talking about that yesterday - how she used to raise her little leg up and balance on the other and say "pretty,pretty flower." Chloe loves to smell flowers and I have been trying to get her to say "pretty flower", but instead she says "purple" EVERY time :) It's cute - no matter what I'm talking about - babies, flowers, her - anything - I say "pretty baby" and she repeats it as "purple baby..." I'm sure it won't be too long until she gets it right, but it's one of those really cute things to remember. Kinda like Harrison saying pollylop for lollypop!!
You guys have FUN,FUN,FUN and be safe. Calye and I are going Prom dress shopping tomorrow - should be exciting.
Hugs to All,
Christi
Bob,
Is that you in the picture? :)
Reminds me of New Orleans, I bet the kids are having a lot of fun.
We can't wait to see the pictures.
Post a Comment