Saturday, February 14, 2009

Happy Valentine's Day!!
















This week was a busy one with lots of Valentine's activities. The kids even had their first Dance (yes I know it sounds a little strange for 2nd and 4th grade), but it was basically a free for all with kids running around with fast songs in the background - no slow songs). They did really enjoy it, although it was a little loud for Mommy and Daddy.
On Friday, Bailey and Camden had an assembly at school in which each grade did some type of performance. Camden's class did the Pledge of Allegience and America the Beautiful in Sign Language and Bailey's class sang a song and read some poems. It was the funniest thing because I am always nervous to bring Mia to these things, not knowing if she will put up a fuss (She usually surprises me and does quite well, but you never know) Anyway, she and her best pal Megan were in the aisle playing "hairstylist" together (that in itself was super cute I might add), when one of the grades did a play of the book "Are you my Mother?" Well, the "hairstylist's" stopped immediately and stared for a few minutes and then when they recognized the story, they both got such a kick out of the play. Mia yelled "Mommy - we have that book" It was so cute. The pictures of the girls are both of the curiosity and then the happiness that they knew the play.
Megan spent the night with us and the two girls have been entertaining us... they are the cutest little things when they are together - the conversations they have are priceless. On Saturday, it was a beautiful day (O.K. my Georgia friends, not quite 70 degrees, but atleast we had sunshine :-) and we walked around Bamberg. We live in the one of the cutest towns there is -if I do say so myself. The picture of the building over the river is the old town hall. It is the funniest story because way back when it was built, the town couldn't agree if it should be built in the oldest part of the city or the newer part (by newer we are still talking 100's of years old) so they decided to build it right down the center in the middle of the river. Brilliant!
We hope everyone had a wonderful Valentine's Day!!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love Are You My Mother?........I also like Go Dogs Go. Actually I like all chldren's books. Our Valentine's Day was boring compared to what your kids did. We made valentines all week and exchanged them Friday. We had plates of cookies and drink. I always teach them a valentine's dance and a song about Alice and Jumbo that is a sweet love story. ha. They all wanted a turn being Alice and Jumbo.
Your photography is so beautiful. You surely have taken lessons. Enjoy what is remaining of winter and keep your blogging up-to-date. Thanks so much for your dedication. Love to all,gp