Saturday, December 31, 2011

New Years' Eve

























I LOVE New Years' Eve! It is one of our favorite traditions living over here. We always tease, because all of the conservative Germans let loose on this night and the skies light up with proof! Our kids have officially crossed over from being the standoffish - "watch with caution" types, to the "lighting the match, throwing the grenade shaped firework into the street and then running for cover" type. Mia even got into the action this year with daredevil antics. I have mentioned before how New Years' Eve is the only night each year that you can purchase Fireworks here, and when the clock strikes 12, the sky lights up, the noise shockingly intensifies, and the New Year is officially brought in with pure happiness and fun - the essence of what life is all about! Happy 2012!!!!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

All the pictures were great, but I think the New Year's pictures were fabulous!!!! It seems the firework restrictions make it more exciting for everyone. I really liked the picture of Mia..... I have not seen the play church in stores here. I think I may buy one for myself for Maggie Grace to play with here at my house. ha ha. Must look for it online. Glad your vacation was filled with fun times. We are back in full swing at school. Wish I could share some "fun" times with you all..... But it is work, work, work, work.... Bryan is so fortunate to be able to spend some quality time with his children at work. Loved his job descriptions.... Any openings for old ladies in his office?
Take good care and looking forward to more blogs. Love as Always, gp