Wednesday, December 21, 2011

It made me chuckle...

1. The Germans LOVE their 80's music. It is very common to hear the flashback songs on the radio. (In fact David Hasselhoff - the guy from Night Rider and Baywatch - was a HUGE musician here in the 80's/90's). The German kids are brought up with this music, and most of it comes from the U.S., so the lyrics are in English. The funny thing is though, they don't always say the lyrics correctly. Bailey told me the other day, that some kids were singing the lyrics to the big 80's hit "Eye of the Tiger"....but instead they sang, "I love the Tiger". It made me chuckle!

2.A few weeks ago, a group of kids from Mia's school, went to a Senior Home to share some Holiday Cheer. She doesn't always think to tell me each detail right after something happens, but last night as we were driving in the car, we passed the Senior home, and more of the story was revealed... It was cute because she told me that she and 1 of her classmates sat at a table with 3 or 4 of the Seniors. She told me that they asked them, "What is your name" a thousand times. (I think they kept forgetting that they had already asked the question :-)) Then she said that they asked if she and her friend were sisters (which I find funny, because here is this blond German girl, who obviously looks quite different than my little Chinese girl). Lastly, she said that they kept offering her coffee to drink. She kept replying, "no thank you", but ended up with coffee placed in front of her anyway. I love old people, and am smiling as I write this, thinking of the sweetness of my 6 year old, and the sweetness of the 85 plus year old people. Once again, it made me chuckle.

No comments: