Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Love Locks
























We have a newly reconstructed bridge that goes over one of the two rivers in town. It is a bridge, not just for cars, but; pedestrians, bikers, and even observers (on the side, it has benches to sit on to enjoy the view/day). Apparently, there is a famous bridge in Paris in which people proclaim their love for one another by putting a lock on the bridge - and then throwing the key into the river. The idea is that their love is now forever - because you will never find the key to unlock the lock. Well, they have taken over the same idea on our new bridge. More and more locks are showing up each day. I LOVE the idea. I think it is sweet, and makes me smile each time I walk across the bridge. Something very simple, yet meaningful, and just super sweet! Shhh don't tell Bryan, but we may be a getting a lock for Christmas :-)

No comments: