For 3 years Bryan has ridden his bike to work. Every once in a while on the way in, the ride is dramatically different. Unlike every other day, there will be no cars on the road, no stores open, and no other bikers. After a few of these days back in 2008, we quickly realized that these days were German Holidays. He only gets the American Holidays off, so we hardly ever know what and when these German Holidays are. Finally after 3 years of living here, we too are enjoying the German Holidays too (aka. no school!!!) Poor Bryan still has to work, but he will reap the benefits next week on Columbus Day, when the kids are in school :-). It is quite a funny thing!
So, being a school Holiday, we had a house full of kids stay over last night. As I was making Pancakes this morning (I mention the pancakes only because it is quite unusual, and I am a horrible cook, but I wanted to give the guests a good hearty American Breakfast :-)), we had a discussion in German. We figured out that out of the 5 people in the room, each of us had been born in a different country - I thought that was really neat. The countries represented were: Germany, Brazil, China, Canada, and the U.S. If the parents had been there too, Russia would have been included as well. Quite the International Breakfast!
*By the way...Reunification Day is the day the Germans celebrate East Germany and West Germany coming back together.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment