On Wednesday when I picked Mia up from school, I told her teachers that she would not be here tomorrow because it is a Holiday for us. Mia turned to me and said, "Momma, how do you say "Thanksgiving" in German." It was at that point that I realized that it is my role (and obviously not the German school's role) to explain to Mia about Thanksgiving. Bailey tried explaining about the Pilgrims and Indian's (she didn't quite get it :-), we read the "Thanksgiving Charlie Brown book" that our favorite "GP" bought for the kids last year, and read the thoughtful Thanksgiving cards from all of her Grandparents. Today, we woke up at 6:00 am (just she and I) and set and made placecards for the Thanksgiving Table. She still keeps calling the turkey a "chicken." However, She does understand that her family is all around her, and that her house smells delicious, and that she is loved - I guess in many ways, "that is what Thanksgiving is all about." The only thing that could make it better is to have OUR (Bryan and my) parents, brothers' families, and friends here with us too! I love Thanksgiving! We hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving, and take the time to cherish this Holiday Season! *notice Camden's plate of food (we had turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes, corn, rice etc., and all he could find that he liked was that!!!! *I also had to add a photo of one of my favorite memories that I was thankful for back in 2005 - We definitely have soo much to be thankful for!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
You set an awesome and traditional Thanksgiving table. It is refreshing to know that you are teaching your children values and respect for our heritage. Not many families even bother to discuss "The First Thanksgiving". Thank you for sharing your table with us. Camden looks so healthy. He must be doing something right in his diet. Tell the children I really like the place cards. Love, gp
WOW AlliBob, I'm impressed with all that you cooked !! And Camden, NO cranberry sauce for you ??? Looks like you guys had a great day ~ all cozy together in the German snow ~ we missed you all, as usual, but had a good day also. We have SO MUCH to be THANKful for :) Love to all !!
ChristiBob
Post a Comment