Monday, October 11, 2010

The North Sea
















The entire purpose of writing this blog was reiterated 110% with our trip to the North Sea. We got there and Mia would not stop giggling, laughing, and running around - I knew it was fun, but I couldn't quite figure out her unbelievable giddiness about the whole thing .....until I realized - she didn't remember ever having gone to the beach! Bryan's parents live right near the beach, and mine live not too far from the Ocean, so she has been to the Beach MANY times, BUT it was before we moved here, and she was only three years old. We had been on the cruise, but not to the beach. Bless her heart - I never truly grasped the idea that the kids might not remember all of these experiences. We tried to count, and we think Mia has been to over 16 different countries, and it was so sad to me that she might not remember ANY of it! That is WHY I keep this blog - I want us all to remember (if only through photos and journaling) this special time in our lives!! I was stunned! Anyway, the North Sea was a lot of fun. It was a nice day, and there was endless entertainment for the kids! The highlight was when we saw an older couple with 4 bulldogs (a mother, a father and (2) 4 month old pups) We spent a ton of time playing with them. There were tons of dogs in general running around without leashes (and everyone got along :-) It was so much fun!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Time does fly, and we forget the most simple things that need to be remembered. I am so glad you are good with the camera and writing. Did not see many in the sea..... And lots of long sleeves....But hey the sea is the sea and the beach is always fun!!!!! I love the ocean. gp

Cbob said...

gotta love those bulldogs !!! you guys look great ~ keep exploring...