Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Fussball (Soccer) German

Embarrassing as it is, we are still not fluent in German! It is such a hard thing to learn, and I am so much more sympathetic towards all of the immigrants back home and their lack of English skills! We do try though, and are learning more all of the time. What is so cute to me, is Camden's knowledge of the German language. He has picked up so much from his soccer team (and now his Judo class also). He didn't really play soccer back home, so many of his "soccer words," he only knows how to say in German (he doesn't know the English word for it). Sometimes I will be trying to figure out how to say something, and he will spit it out - just from what I call his "soccer German." It is funny how quickly kids can catch on, just through playing. His Judo instructor speaks no English at all, so Camden must listen and watch to figure out what he is supposed to do. I would get frustrated, but he LOVES it, so it definitely makes me happy. One of our subjects in homeschooling is the Rosetta Stone German, and Camden will say to me, "Why can't we just go outside and play in the real Germany in order to learn" - I LOVE IT!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Camden has the right idea...... So glad you are letting them learn at home. I am confident they are getting a more rounded education than leaving home. Keep up the fun learning.. Love, gp