On Saturday, we enjoyed an action packed sports filled day. We woke up to the chilling temperatures, and ran a 5k race at the base in support of Breast Cancer Awareness. We really enjoy these races, and the entire family gets to participate (Mia rode her bike, but the rest of us ran). I have to boast a little about Camden... he finished the 5k in 22 minutes and 14 seconds. We were blown away thinking that he might be able to keep up a 7 minute mile for the first mile, but not for all 3.1 miles. I am quite confident his endurance is soley thanks to soccer, but non the less - I was quite the proud Momma! He beat us all!
We got home, and Bryan headed to Nuremburg for the FC Nuremburg Soccer Game. Nuremburg is in the Bundesliga, and the crowds are comparable to a Red Sox/Yankee game. Definitely a highlight of living over here for Bryan!
When Bryan arrived home, we all headed to a Brose Baskets Game (the local professional Basketball team). We had been to see them before, but hadn't seen them since they won the National Championships last year. The intensity of the crowds are quite impressive, and it was a really fun time. At the end of the day, we were all exhausted - Mia didn't quite make it through the entire basketball game...
On a totally random side note, I thought I would mention this...I always mention how Germany is like a time warp, and we are living like it was back home 20-30 years ago. Well... as we were walking out of the game last night, I noticed a "coat check" with oodles of coats that had been carefully hung on racks. Instead of lugging, a heavy coat to their seat, fans had the opportunity to have their coats "checked", and then they could pick them up on the way out of the busy stadium. It just struck me so funny, and reminded me of a more simple time! My family always rushes out of stadiums as fast as we can to avoid any traffic and conjestion - waiting in line to get your checked coat would be far from my list of priorities. I do love the fact though, that many people here would still take the time to do that! Those little things are always so interesting to me!

1 comment:
Enjoy the little things for as long as you can. They won't happen here. gp
Post a Comment