Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Morning Bike Rides

As Mia and I biked to her school this morning in the cold rain, I was thinking about how much I cherish our Morning Bike Rides that we share together. We have the same routine each morning. I have taught her to be very consistent, so she knows which traffic lights to stop at, and when to look both ways. We see many of the same faces each morning on our ride. We go over the river each day, and observe what the water looks like (today it looked like glass with sprinkles, because of the raindrops). You would think that the cold rain would make it miserable, but there is something so special about not having to get into the car, and instead getting a little exercise, while having a good conversation, and enjoying the fresh air. Last year, we would be rushing off in the car to bring Bailey and Camden to school, so we were not able to bike as often as we are now. I absolutely love this time of day that I share with her - it is so special!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This blog reminds me of the song "Memories are Made of This".... Those kind of mornings will be in the brain's bank forever. When you can no longer ride a bike your brain will reflect on those precious times together. Hugs to all, gp