Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Fun Weekend
















We had a nice weekend. On Saturday, Bryan and Camden went to the FC Nuremburg Fussball (Soccer) game and had a really fun time. The girls and I went to see Ramona and Beezus at the theatre on the base. We had anticipated taking the train to Munich on Sunday for the last day of Oktoberfest, but Bryan and Camden didn't get in until late on Saturday, and we had to go pick them up, so we decided that a 5 am wake-up call didn't sound too exciting. Instead, we went to an Apple Festival in a small village not far from here, and enjoyed it. That night the USO (who provides entertainment for the troops) sponsored the American Idol Winner, Kris Allen, to come and perform. Even though we are not military, we get to enjoy all of the perks living over here (which I feel very fortunate about). Anyway, there were probably only about 100 people there, so the kids enjoyed one of their first "Rock concerts." I had to explain to them that typically it would not be the case that you get to walk right up to the stage :-) He was super nice and while he was singing, he saw that Bryan was trying to take a picture of Bailey with him in the background, so he held Bailey's hand for a couple extra seconds so that Bryan could get a good shot. After the concert, he even stuck around to sign autographs and pose for photos. I had never heard of him before (I don't watch American Idol), but we all really liked his music, and especially his effort to be so kind to come over here to perform for the troops/troop families. It definitely was a huge highlight for Bailey (and all of the other "tween" girls)!

No comments: