Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Happy Father's Day!!!!

O.K. not really, but today is Father's Day in Germany. Unfortunately Bryan can't celebrate because he has to work, but WOW the Father's Day tradition here varies tremendously from that back home. From what I understand, the tradition in the Middle Ages used to be a day to honor God, the Father. Over the years the tradition has changed! We are used to Father's Day as a "Family" Day, but here the tradition is a day that Father's get to go out with their friends, a wagon filled with beer and hit the town - The wives are less than thrilled with this long time tradition, but the Father's look forward to this day (and everyone has the day off even though it is a Thursday). So Different!!

2 comments:

Allison said...

You actually think I'm at work. Right now I am pulling a wagon full of Spezial Lager downtown with the guys. Sorry...had to do it. See you tomorrow AM.

Bryan

cbob said...

What a hoot !!! ONLY IN GERMANY ...