We headed off to Mezzana today, which is located in the Italian Alps. I thought the roads were curvy yesterday, but this was ridiculous. I think it took us an hour and a half to go 15 miles – meanwhile the motorcyclists were passing us on the turns with a huge cliff on the sides – CRAZY!!! Check out the lines on our GPS – I am not exaggerating! We are staying at a ski area where they have a lot of hiking and rafting and other summer outdoor activities. We got unpacked and the first thing the kids wanted to do was swim, so off we went – but quickly found out we had to buy bathing caps – so that is why the kids look so funny. One thing that is also very nice is the big area to play and explore. We are living in the City now, and the kids don’t have a yard to play in – so this was a great bonus for them!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Now that is my kind of day!!!!!!! I think I would risk the raft ride because if I were to fall out, I bob in the water like a cork. Water is my favorite place to be. ha...... Your vacation looks and reads as though it was the best to be had. I can't believe how the children have grown. I am off to my classroom again this morning to get my desk stuff back in. I had an adventure (just like the Rhodes) Saturday. Two friends and I went to Julliette, Ga..... and ate at the Whistle Stop Cafe. It is a little mill settlement that was functioning 60 years. The movie, "Fried Green Tomatoes" was filmed there. There are about 13 little houses that have been turned into tourist shops and cafes. We watched the movie when we returned, and it was so much more interesting and fun. I enjoyed the day and want to check the cost of little river cabins that are rented there. I saw kids tubing and playing under the falls at the dam. It looked like fun.
Might want to rent one for the family for another place to go in lieu of Hilton Head. Keep up the sport of travel. Thanks for the great post. Love to all, gp
Post a Comment