While Bryan slaved away studying for a challenging 6 hour I.T. test, Bailey, Camden, Mia and I ventured off (O.K. really to give him some peace and quiet) to downtown Heidelberg. It is funny, because we have purposefully avoided going to this city previously, simply because we knew we would come here at some point (whether it be for work, visiting friends etc). It is a super cute german town with lots of shopping, a river , and the famous Heidelberg Castle which overlooks the city. The kids were excited because in Music Class, they had learned a song about the Heidelberg Castle. We knew to look for a church with a tower to get the best view of the city (so many of these European Towns are similar in that they are situated on rivers, with cute shopping and pedestrian areas, and castles or Cathedrals overlooking the city). We were successful, and 208 steps later, it was just the kids and I at the top with probably one of the best views of the city (for only 1 euro to boot). We missed Bryan, but I think he was happy to have us gone to study in peace! We are now on our way down to Italy, via Southern Bavaria for our true summer vacation (up until now, life has still been pretty busy, so it is so nice to get away from it all!)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
Have a great vacation although it seems you have been on a year-something vacation. ha.... Just kidding. I know you have major responsibilities. I admire your spirit of adventure and drive. The street looks almost deserted with Camden and the icecream cone. Must be nice. Enjoy. Hope it doesn't get as humid and hot there as it does here. I have been back in my classroom getting it in order. Thanks to Jay and Michelle (my assistant principal) it is taking shape. The agenda for pre-planning allows for 1 and 1/2 days to get ready for open house. Unreal huh? I am ready to get back in a routine of more productive days. I feel lazy. ha.... Take care and stay safe. Love, gp
Hey, Camdem - is that the "green w/ the brown stuff" kind of ice cream??? Guess it's still your favorite!!
LOVE,LOVE,LOVE the pictures of the kids. They are growing up so quickly...
Have a GREAT time in Italy - it kinda goes w/out saying that you will, though. Looking forward to the pictures.
Love and Hugs to all,
CBOB
Great pictures! And very beautiful....B,C & M, you look so happy.
What an adventure for all of you! We are envious....AND we miss you guys very much.
Post a Comment