Once a year, Bryan's co-workers get together for "Org" Day, and they have a big picnic that one of the many offices hosts. Last year, Bamberg hosted, but this year we had to travel to another city. The Families are all invited and the big entertainment is the athletic contests which result in the winning office taking home bragging rights for the year (as well as a big trophy). Last year, it was very competetive, but Bamberg prevailed and won the entire Org Day. This year the expectaions were much lower. The components of the competeition include a full scale soccer game, Volleyball Tournament and Horseshoe throwing contest. Bryan had warned us that no one in his office wanted to participate this year in the games, and that our family would have to step in and fill some spots. We thought he was kidding. The announcer called the Bamberg Team to the Soccer Field, and sure enough, it was just Bryan, Bailey, Camden and I - the ref. looked at us and asked if we wanted to forfit. Bryan says, "No Way" and we were able to scrounge up a few extra players and would you believe we won the first of the round robin in double over time! After lunch, we had to play an office that was made up of mostly soldiers and were nonetheless a little nervous. We were able to keep them from scoring (although we didn't score either), so we had a kickoff and won!!! We had to scratch the Volleyball Tournament, but then Bryan took the lead in the Horseshoe contest, and would you believe, that we won the entire "Org" Day tournament, even with the scratch of the Volleball Tournament. My kids were beyond thrilled (as were Bryan and I). If you know us, you know that we are just a tad competeive :-) Mia was the cheerleader on the side lines and was just a super sport having to sit though 2 soccer games! What a fun day!!!!
On the 4th of July, our family had signed up to run a 5k race at the base. We have been enjoying running these races and were all looking forward to it, until we woke up that morning and it was pouring, thundering and lightning outside. We decdided to go for it anyway and after the 1st quarter of the race, the rain and clouds stopped - which made for nice running. We joke that Bryan came in first in the jog stroller division (he was the only one running with a jog stroller :-) He beat me though, even with the stroller, so I was proud of him. Bailey did great, finishing second among all of the girls, and well Camden was another story.... We all had crossed the finished line and were waiting and waiting and waiting for Camden. I was getting a little nervous (even though I knew he was with his friend and there were police on the race course). I decided to go back out running to look for him. After a little bit of a run, I see Camden and his pal off in the distance (still on the course) and I hear, "Mommy - we caught Frogs" While Bryan, Bailey and I were the competetive ones, Camden was enjoying catching Frogs :-) You can see the picture of Camden with the frog in his cups. It was quite cute!

2 comments:
Priceless!!!!! Amy
Tell Camden that I am for frog catching in lieu of racing as well. That is a keeper!!!!! gp
Post a Comment