







Several years ago, my parents went on a "River Boat Cruise" in Europe. Ironically, when we announced 4 years ago that we were moving to Bamberg, Germany, my parents told me that they had been to Bamberg on their river boat cruise and even had a book about Bamberg. When I run through the city each week, we see waves of tourists "off the boats," meandering around our city. What is really neat about the rivers is that they are connected together via the "Lock and Dam" system. It is fun to see the engineering that has been created in order for this to take place, and it is also neat to think that these cruise boats that come through our city can get to many other countries via the river system. Very cool!

1 comment:
Simply love your blogs Allison. Very disappointed and sad that Christi is not feeling well enough for you to get out and enjoy the beautiful weather. I know you are an active person. I keep checking Jay's and Calye's fb to see pictures. I know they are enjoying the experience. The river/canal and boat system looks so interesting. Think I could just sit and watch the activity all day. Bet you are sad to leave Bamberg. I certainly would be; however, there will be more excitement for you guys just around the corner. I still do not like to be cooped up in the house, but my mobility is not all that great any more. When we had company from out-of-town we were constantly doing something. I have those great memories. Take good care. I hope you all don't get sick. Love to you all. gp
Post a Comment