Friday, March 23, 2012

Delayed Ski Vacation...

Our weather here has been fantastic - I always call it a "Maine Day" when the weather is warm enough to go without a jacket, yet cool enough to wear pants - I LOVE this weather! It just makes everything feel good. While we are enjoying the beautiful Spring Weather, Bailey is busy packing for her delayed ski trip with her class to the Alps. Their snow is melting, but they still have enough for a good ski week. I was thinking of all of the things that she will learn from this trip, and I am super excited to hear how it all goes. For 7 days, she has to be responsible for herself, all of her belongings (including ski equipment). She has to "live" with friends for 24/7 (not much alone time). She will learn what she likes and dislikes about all of it. It is not a "camp", so her days will not be entirely consumed with structured activities, so even this will be a learning experience. I am excited/nervous/ sad / happy / and most of all appreciative that she will have this experience. I know that it will be one trip that she will never forget! It seems like the class ski trip is almost like a "right of passage" for many European kids. She has never been away from home for that long, and her absence will be painfully missed! I told her that she has to come back with oodles of photos and stories to share!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i'm going to miss you guys ! i love you guys to the moon and back - forever and always ! Love, Bailey (: