Wednesday, March 7, 2012

My heart melts


I haven't really mentioned much about Camden lately, but wanted to remember this when I was old and grey (o.k. I already have a few greys, and I am getting up there in age, but you get the point). Camden is such a unique little guy. His personality is quite gregarious, and he can be oodles of fun (sometimes a little too much fun :-)). He can be the life of the party. The side of Camden that most people don't see however, is how sensitive he is. His heart has true compassion and kindness. He is the one that when playing with friends will come up to me and say, "I love you Mom." He is the one that will wink to me in the middle of a soccer game after a big play. What made me think of this today though, was when I dropped him off at school. His school is 5th grade through 12th grade. He is definitely the low man on the totem pole, but as Bailey and Camden crossed the busy street and gathered into the sea of students walking into the school - he turns around to give me the "love" sign in sign language and a big wink. Whenever I bring them to school he does this. What he jokes as his "coolness points" aren't even considered to be lost. It truly melts my heart. I love that little guy!!!!
*as a disclaimer, the above photo was just Camden's silliness in London

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Getting caught up on your blogs. You are going to be so happy that you recorded your life and feelings while away from the U.S. Most people would not have the discipline. You are just like the country...You have everything in order. I am so afraid that you are going to be disappointed when you return. The last two weeks have been very sad and upsetting. There is a huge onset of "Bullying" in our schools. I am very glad that I decided to retire and only wish my grandchildren did not have to be in a public school. Something must be done to address the issue.
Thank you for your positive and heartfelt comments regarding your Bailey and Camden. It is refreshing to read your blogs. You all have been such encouraging and supportive forces in their lives. I know they are old enough to realize that now.
Looking forward to Jay and family visiting Germany. I will be awaiting some blog pictures with them in a European setting. They are excited for sure! Take good care and enjoy the weekend. As Always, gp

CBob said...

Got teary eyed reading this one...Camden and Harrison are so much alike ~ kinda like some other "brothers from another mother" I know !!!!