Bryan is the "technical" guy in our family. He never has to read directions, he can figure things out in an instant, and is just all around good at it. I on the other hand am horrible with technology. It took me twice as long as everyone else to do technical projects when I went back to school, because of all of the advances since my college days - it was completely alien to me. Last year, I began/learned to "text" on my cheap pre-paid cell phone that I have (I can't even figure out the benefits of my IPOD - I am a pencil and paper type of girl). I am just not good at technical "stuff."
With all of that said, I had the most embarassing moment ever this morning as a result of my "non technical self"..... Camden and Mia were playing down stairs, and Mia yells up, "Mom you have a text (my phone beeps, so she knew what it was). I immediately assumed it was Camden texting me because he has been "practicing" in order to get ready for being more independent with school coming up. Mia ran my phone up to me, and I read the message and it said, "Good Morning, Your awake." "Your" was spelled incorrectly, and it was something I totally just assumed that Camden had written. I immediately hit reply, and typed back "I love you." So...about 15 minutes pass, and I asked Camden if he got my message, he replied "no, you didn't text me." Then I got worried, and began to think "who in the world did I send this text to?" I look down at my phone, and realize that I had sent the words "I love you" to our Lebanese (Male) neighbor (who actually has moved away, but needed to stop by our house to pick something up). He had texted me, "Good Morning, (and intead of writing in English - "Are you awake?, wrote "your awake"). I was HORRIFIED - I have hopefully since explained myself to him (in my broken German), but what a mess, and it is for this exact reason that I am horrible (and now paranoid) with technology!!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment