Monday, July 18, 2011

Neat Article...

The one question that we often get about living over here is, "What is it that you like so much about Germany?" It is a great question, but I have often found it hard to explain in words what we like so much exactly about our experience here. I ran across this article the other day, and found that it almost perfectly explains many of our feelings and thought I'd share: http://www.alternativesmagazine.com/48/morris.html

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I just discovered your blog and have
enjoyed reading about your adventures
in Germany. The one about your texting
to your Lebanese acquaintance was so funny to me. I laughed so hard, my pet parrot started squawking, wondering if I am ok! Thank you for the "cheering up" post..I see myself in that situation somewhat. I am 65, and just not interested in technology;
except my little computer...and only use it to follow blogs...it expands my world as I don't travel
and I can enjoy others adventures.
Thank you for sharing, am interested to hear about how the
children enjoy the German school.
ps...my father was 2nd generation
of German immigrants who homesteaded
in North and South Dakota. He said he didn't speak English until he was
7, and sent to school. mm, vancouver, wa.