Thursday, July 7, 2011
Diversity
I am always surprised at the people we meet in Germany. Of course, most of our encounters are with Germans, but the diversity in the population is amazing. We got together for a neighborhood cookout the other night (not to celebrate the 4th, but to just celebrate summer :-)), and the variety of food was delicious! We have neighbors from Russia, Turkey, Brazil, Lebanon, Germany and of course us - the lone Americans. I went over to a lady's house for coffee the other day, and she is German, but married to a Greek Man. We have an Italian family on the corner... It is so neat to hear everyone's story as to how people end up here. Most often people move to Germany for better work, but also for marriages or because their family moves here. I wish I could post photos, but in Germany, privacy and the internet is quite sacred (not like us posting our life story for all to read :-)). It has been fantastic though, getting to know these people, tasting foods, and learning about cultures other than our own.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment