For 3 years now, we have only had one car. It really has not been too difficult without a second car, but there have been a few occassions, where it would be helpful...Yesterday was one of them. Camden had an all day Soccer Tournament in a town that is about 20 minutes away by car. He had to leave our house at 8:00am, which meant the girls and I would have had to leave at 8:00, and stay all day if we wanted to go watch. We had nothing else to do, but the idea of hanging around ALL day did not sound like so much fun. I have mentioned before that the entire country of Germany is linked by Bike Paths, so I thought instead we could still go to the tournament, but we could leave a little bit later, not stay as long, and go by bike instead. It was a 24 kilometer bike ride. We had a great time, just going slowly, and enjoying the little things (sunflower fields, stopping to watch the cars on the Autobahn overpass, a picnic snack - we even found a 10 euro bill on the side of the road). It was all flat, but I was still quite impressed with Mia's endurance. Not once did she complain, and kept up the entire time - a fun time with just the girls!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment