Thursday, June 30, 2011

Getting Settled and looking forward to the future

Last Thursday we arrived back in Bamberg, after 6 weeks of visiting and fun in the U.S. The day after we got back, we left to go camping for the weekend with Camden's soccer club (I'll post pictures later). This week, we've been busy taking care of all of the things that we missed while we were gone (paper work, phone calls etc.). Back to reality... but truly, reality is actually pretty darn good :-)
Mia is finishing up her last month in the German Kindergarten (very bittersweet for her - and me). She is sad, but excited and proud to be going into the first class. Camden is now all registered for the German School (Gymnasium) in September. We are waiting to find out if there is a place for Bailey - hopefully we will find out at the end of July (they have accepted her, but we need to wait to see if there is a spot for her). I go back and forth daily, as to whether or not this is the right decision. I tend to go with the Mantra "I know we would never regret it, but someday, we may regret not doing it" - so I must go with my faith that all will work out. Camden is very excited, and we were extemely impressed with our short visit to the school. It is 5th grade through 12th grade, and the decorations alone (art work and sculptures etc.) were so impressive - a little intimidating, but very exciting. Next year will be very difficult and exhausting, but hopefully very rewarding - mostly in ways we can not quantify. We are losing our flexibility and ease for traveling this year (it is against the law to miss school :-), and the kids will have school on Thanksgiving (yes, the Germans do not celebrate Thanksgiving :-), but in return I am certain all of our lives will be enriched with this new experience. In the mean time, we have 2 1/2 more months of vacation (and cramming to improve our German), before all of this begins :-)

No comments: