Friday, June 10, 2011
School...
Yesterday, all 3 of my kids went to school for the day. It was not just any school that they attended, but the school that I went to as a kid. My school was kindergarten through 8th grade - and the same little kindergartners that begin in the school go up through the ranks and then graduate from 8th grade together also. The kids LOVED it, and wished that they could go to school there always. They each met oodles of new friends (a few of whom were children of my classmates when I was there), and met some of the same teachers that were there when I was young also. Bailey's favorite teacher there, was one of my best friends growing up. I was a little nervous with Mia (she went into the 1st grade class) - never having been in an American school - I wasn't quite sure what was going to happen, but she did great and met many new friends. They all loved being the "new kids" for the day. No pictures, but a really fun experience for all of us!!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Choosing the "School" blog to respond for obvious reasons. ha..... I am so glad that you all find FUN and make MEMORIES wherever you are..... Looks as though you are having an awesome time!!! Camden looks like a natural fisherman and gunsman....You are blessed not to have anyone in the family fearful of heights. Jay, Lew and I are not fond of heights. I like to view photographs or videos. ha....
Continue to keep your journaling up-dated. Are you missing Germany yet? I want to read your honest take on how you view the USA when you return. I bet the little school you went to is pretty much the same,. I hope so anyway. Education is not the same as it was five years ago here.
Take care and continue to enjoy the rest of your stay. Love and hugs to all. gp
Post a Comment