Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Wendelstein




































































We are staying in Southern Bavaria this week and today ventured to the top of Wendelstein to get a view of the Alps. All I can say is that it was breathtaking! We took a Cable Car to the top of the Mountain and you could see for miles the various Mountain Peaks around the Alps. Wendelstein is particularly beautiful because of the many things available at the top. There is a view of a ski resort, a weather station, a restaurant, paragliders, and our favorite was a church at the peak. They offer church service each Sunday in the Summer – how fun would that be! With snow all around us, you would think it would be freezing, but the temperatures were perfect and some of the locals were wearing tank tops! After a winter of cold temperatures – this was a warm welcome! The highlight for my Dad came at the end of the excursion (O.K. not really, but the story is quite funny….) We got in the car and Bryan looked down at his back pack and realized a bird must have pooped on it while we were at the top – My Dad thought it was quite fitting because we will never let him live down the time that we were on a Double Decker Bus in San Diego and a Bird pooped on him – Sweet Revenge - too funny! Wendelstein was truly a highlight and one of the prettiest things we have ever seen!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You can't get much closer to Heaven. What a beautiful place. I am glad your mom and dad are in good health and can join in on the highs and lows of your ventures. ha.......
I was fortunate to have Skyler today and then had a most pleasant surprise. Jay and Harrison spent a few hours with me this afternoon. Calye and Christi had opted to do more shopping before they left Hilton Head. That was good for me..... It is rare that Jay/Harrison have the time to just come to visit. I truly enjoyed them. Harrison is becoming a real gentleman. He was so courteous and very talkative. I wish I could spend more time with him, but that is not being very realistic. ha....
Old Tiger W. is having a rough time on the greens this year. I don't know where the leaders came from, but they are from Texas so they have to be ok........
Wishing you all a very Blessed Easter. We all have so much to be grateful for. Love to all, gp

ChristiBob said...

Funny how that bird knows just where Chris is!!!!!!! I'm sure it was aiming for him and accidentally hit BryanBob's backpack. His aim was probably off from the long flight from California to Bavaria...