Schliersee is the quintessential Southern Bavarian town. It is exactly like you would picture with the architecture and the mountains as a backdrop. There is a lake near the main village where you can feed the ducks and stroll around. Today we hiked to the top of the nearby mountain and took a Toboggan ride down. It was a long hike up, but even little Mia was a trooper and the reward was the slide down (we could have taken a cable car up, but being such a nice day thought it would be fun to hike -I’m not so sure my Mom had fun hiking up, but she did great!). The view at the top overlooked the lake where we’ve been feeding the ducks and the Alps in the distance. The kids wanted to hike up again just to slide down - but I knew they would only last the hike back to our hotel! It’s been a great week and we’ve had a really nice time!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Hey Karen, sounds like you felt like I did when I got to the top of Mt. Batty!! I know it was worth it though if it was anywhere remotely as beautiful, and it looks like it was.
We are home from a restful week of vacation. I think everyone had a GREAT time and came back wishing we could have stayed longer. The idea of going back to work/school tomorrow is far from the top of anyone's list. Calye is a bit excited though - she is down to her last 30 days of High School!! Imagine that...we are going to be busy preparing for the Big Day - May 22nd - it's just around the corner!!
Keep up the fun and, as usual,
Love and Hugs to everyone!!!
Christi
Post a Comment