Monday, April 6, 2009

Sunday – Forever Family Day



















3 years ago today, we held Mia in our arms for the first time. It’s hard to believe it has been 3 years! Mia fits so perfectly into our family and we are forever blessed with her in our lives. Since “Gotcha Day” falls during Spring Break, we always find ourselves celebrating somewhere fun. The morning brought swimming in the pool, followed by a trip to the Easter Market in Bad Tolz. Just like the Christmas Market, the Easter Markets are absolutely adorable. When we got back to the hotel, the kids enjoyed decorating Easter Eggs and then played a famous German (Bavarian) Egg Rolling game that was fun. In the evening we had hoped to go to an Asian restaurant to celebrate, but being Sunday night (lots of places closed) we settled for Italian. I always have to remind myself that it is “Real Italian” because we are right beside Italy. The waiter asked us where we were from and Mia immediately perked up and said “I am from China.” Very cute! On the walk home from the restaurant, my Dad, Mia and I found ourselves walking way behind the others and ended up having a wonderful conversation with Mia. We talked about how I used to look up in the sky at night and it gave me peace to know that she was looking up at the same sky. Her response was too cute because she said, “I was waiting for you” and then she proceeded to say that she missed China. I promised her that we would all go back to visit again one day and she was excited! We wish all of our “China Friends” a very Happy Gotcha Day and are reminded today how very lucky we really are! Indeed Life is Good!!!

4 comments:

Christi said...

Okay, now that I've dried my eyes - I can't believe it's been 3 years!! What a special day and a special story with you, your Dad and Mia. She is wise beyond her years, for sure. I know you are enjoying time w/ your parents.

It's FREEZING in HHI. Courtnee, Rob and Chloe were supposed to have their pictures taken on the beach this morning, but it was like 35 degrees so they had to reschedule. Hopefully, it will warm up. Calye's hope of a tan is slowly dwendling... Harrison, of couse, has no problem w/ the weather since XBox came with him. Jay should be here tomorrow -

Keep up the FUN!! We love and miss you SO MUCH -
Christi

**Bailey, I can't believe how long your hair is!!!!**

Anonymous said...

I am so glad that your folks were with you for the big celebration. Tell Mia that I said that when you looked at the stars God picked a special one to send to you all. How blessed everyone is........
I took Skyler to the library this morning thinking it would be a quick trip. He had so much fun with all the little ones his age. I was delighted to see how very friendly and outgoing he is with children his age. I hope he stays that way. We went to a friend's house for lunch, and he made quite an impression on her and her husband. They are my age so they enjoyed all of his expressions. He made me proud. You never quite know how little ones are going to behave. ha....

Again, continue to enjoy your time. You are being consistent in making sure you have "memories" recorded for later years. Good for you!!!!!! It is so chilly and windy today that I opted not to go to a park. Another day! Take care and lots of love, gp

Missives from a New Mom said...

I'm with Christi. I should NOT read your blog after putting on make up. We are all so blessed to have Mia in our lives; she's truly a wonder, just as Bailey and Camden are.

Beth and Ryan said...

Happy Gotcha Day! I am catching up! You guys look like you are having so much fun and I love that you are sharing it all with us back home. And, for the record, I would have been with the corny people singing all of the tunes to Sound of Music...love that story. Take care.
Beth