Sunday, July 27, 2008
We made it!!!
We made it to Germany! I was a little worried when we were on the way to the airport in Maine, and Mia yells up to the front seat "are we in Germany"? Also when we were 1/2 hour into our long flight, I had gotten up to get the blankets out and Camden says "are we getting ready to land?"The kids all did great though and with only a few stressful moments we made it here! I must say the flight to Europe is nothing compared to that to China! We almost had an altrication with a airline staff person in Dulles... We (along with literally about 300 other people) were in line to get on the big plane to Germany and when it was our turn to hand the lady our tickets the 3 kids and all of our stuff were in front of me so I had to stretch and try to hand her our tickets - the lady didn't extend her arm at all to try to be of any help and I sarcastically said something to her. She then commented that if she reached her hand out for every passenger that came through, she would have a bad back! It was absolutely ridiculous!!! With that said, once we were in Frankfort, they put us through a special Kinder line ("Kinder" means child in German) line to avoid the crowd. The lady behind the desk at the gate to Bamberg literally came out from behind the desk on her own accord to assist the kids and I onto the flight first! A man helped us with our luggage etc... Germans (atleast the ones we have run into so far) are so extremely kind! Bryan met us at the airport and I must say I was impressed with his driving so far. I'm not so sure I'll be able to pass the test (for real) - there are so many signs on the road and each one of them mean something different. For the most part, they are totally different than the signs back home! We are getting used to the time change, but other than that all is good! I will post pictures next time!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Glad you guys made it! The boys just asked me this morning what we were going to do NEXT summer! Unbelievable! I asked them what they had in mind and Colin immediately said "Germany"....that will be the NEXT, NEXT summer :) Can't wait to see all of your adventures!
Post a Comment