Thursday, July 17, 2008
One Week Down - Still Alive
Alright....so I have been here over a week now and it has really flown by. The entire "in processing" at work pretty much takes a week, but I can happily say that I am about done (at least until Allison and the kids arrive, then she gets to have some fun). Over the last week I have been to Grafenwoehr twice, Schweinfurt once, and of course all over Bamberg with my great sponsor who probably is getting tired of being my taxi. Bamberg is a wonderful place and I know that Allison and the kids will adore it. I even made the mistake on Saturday evening of going out with a co-worker to the old town and consuming all kinds of German beer without having one single bottle of aspirin back at the hotel for the next morning. So you think, ok Bryan get off that rear and go to the grocery store (there is actually one connected outside to my hotel) and get some aspirin but everything is closed on Sundays. Needless to say I have some aspirin now in stock. I found a great place about 30 minutes from here (can't recall the name right this minute) but it has cliffs and caves that you can explore. I only rode by, but when everyone gets here we will make a day trip to check it out. We are also headed to LegoLand the following weekend that Allison and the kids make it here. I remember Camden and Bailey both driving around the simulated town (with street lights, stop signs, etc.) in LegoLand California. Bailey was by the book concerning the rules by stopping at all red lights/stop signs and Camden really never stopped at all until the time was up. They both earned their drivers licenses though even if a few rules were broken. I can't wait to see them both on the German simulated town with their own unique signs and rules for driving. The Germans take rules very serious here, so I wonder what will happen. I will make sure I have video rolling. Speaking of driving, I studied at night, took a 2 hour drivers class and passed my driver’s test yesterday. After the hassles of getting car insurance, getting my license, getting the car registered, getting tags, getting my gas card, I was final able to go pickup the van that we shipped. I was happy to say that I only received 2 horn honks during my 45 minute trip home. I even opened the mini-van up to around 90 mph to pass a bunch of trucks at one point on the autobahn, but some cars were blowing by me going at least 110 mph or more. Everyone take care and I will try to get some pictures posted soon.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment