Wednesday, June 13, 2012

"Date day"















For 4 years, Bryan and I have taken turns allowing the other one to experience what I call "once in a life time opportunities." We have been out alone together in Bamberg occasionally, but we haven't gone out of town together alone. My Mom is still here visiting, and was so kind to watch the kids last Sunday, while Bryan and I went with friends to a vineyard. I always say that there is something so amazing about not having to set foot in a car to get around, and I LOVE it. We walked down to the train station, and hopped on the train with about 6 other couples for an hour train ride to an adorable little village called Ipsheim. There wasn't even a train station there, but just a platform to hop off and on as needed. Our friends go there annually (biking there most years), so they led the way as we meandered up the street, through the fields, to a beautiful Vineyard along the hills. They had wine gardens (like biergartens) where you could sample different wines and seccos. The food was also delicious and the company was great. We got home later in the evening, and walked back home to find that the kids had a great day at the Land und Gartenshau with my Mom (I'll have to write about that later :-)) Thank you so much mom! We had a fantastic Day!

No comments: