About an hour north of Pisa, there is a row of 5 adorable towns (Cinque Terre) that lie on the Italian Riviera. Until recently, there were no roads to the towns. Car travel is extremely limited there, but you can take the train in, and hike the National Forest between each town (or travel by train between the towns too). When you see photos of Italy in guide books, pictures of these towns are quite common. The colors and authenticity of the buildings are amazing. The rugged coast and mountains are gorgeous, and it was definitely among our favorites! The kids loved playing on the rocks, seeing the locals, eating pizza and of course the gelato. We even got to see a few cliff divers, which was also a highlight!
1 comment:
Love the pic of the kids way off on the rocks. The opportunities that this move has given you and your family--well I am just jealous. I know I don't post often to you, but know that your family is always in our thoughts.
Post a Comment