Friday, April 15, 2011

Funny Happenings...

Just a couple of funny happenings that have occured lately that I wanted to remember...





  • Camden's German friend came with us to the base the other day. It was so funny because as we passed the guards at the gate, he says outoud in English - "wow - just like in the movies" :-) In Germany, it would be VERY rare that you would see anyone with a weapon, I guess he was shocked - it was quite funny.

  • Mia came home the other day, and told me that one of the kids in her class says "naughty words." I asked her in return, "you don't say naughty words at school do you?" She then says back to me, "I don't say naughty words in English." I know she is a good girl, but then I wondered, does she say naughty words in german? I had to double check with her teacher that she doesn't say anything bad, having picked it up from another child and maybe not knowing that it was bad. I would be oblivious, because I only know one or two bad words in German - funny!

  • Mia got new glasses the other day. It was so cute because we picked them out, and she loved them, but never actually saw herself in the mirror with them on. After the new lenses were put in, we went to pick them up, and she tried them on again. A nice older german man helped us fit them to her face, and once she saw herself in the mirror, she could not contain her excitement. She giggled and laughed and smiled - the man completely laughed out loud just with her excitement. It was so cute!

  • In the car the other day, Mia asked, "Mommy, is our car a German car or an American car." I had no idea where she was going with this, so I tried to explain that really it was a Japanese car, but may have been made in America... She then said to me, "then why does it have a German radio." (the stations are obviously all german). I thought that was a smart little question to ask! So sweet!




No comments: