Saturday, April 9, 2011

April Fools...

I had to write about this, because even though I wasn't there I thought it was hilarious that Bailey and Camden took the task on themselves..... I was in Barcelona for April Fools. I hadn't even thought about it honestly. It is not necessarily a tradition in our family, but when we think of it, we try to pull little jokes on one another. No big deal. Well...the kids had time on their hands and so went to work researching "April Fools jokes." When so many "jokes" came up that were inappropriate or not possible, they decided to use their own creativity and hide Bryan's "prized posession" - His Bike! For almost 3 years, he has used his bike as his car - and he adores that thing. We call it the 4th child :-) Apparently he went downstairs to get something, and noticed his bike was missing. With panic, he started to look around (and think where could it be). He was NOT a happy camper! The kids, I'm sure, were histarically watching with pride that they had pulled one off on their Dad from upstairs. When I got home from my trip - it was a prideful moment of triumph to hear the kids talk about their successful April Fools Day. I loved that they were so "into it" this year. Now I just need to worry about next year....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Enjoyed the creative "joke"..... I always do a really good one on my class if we are at school April 1. After the announcements I get really "mean" and tell the class that I have had it. I get the mats out (rarely do they rest) and everyone is expected to be still and quiet.......In about two minutes I mention how much fun it is to do this on April Fools Day and switch the light on. "Gottcha good"....... They scream with excitement and the rest of the day is putting up with their little jokes (spider on your foot, lizard on your back, etc.) Kindergarten is such a joyful age! I would have loved to have shared the moment when Bryan discovered his bike missing!!!!!!! hugs to everyone. gp

Anonymous said...

Love the Easter picture of all of you...actually, dad and I love your blog. Great Job Allison! Love, Mom and Dad